Thursday, May 6, 2010

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Surprise Jacket - the finished object!


Three days later, and here it is - the finished surprise jacket.

I had a million ends to darn in, but it was worth it. All I need to do now is decide on the right buttons. The front edge has button holes worked in on both sides - so it can be used for a boy or a girl. Very versatile!


I enjoyed knitting this jacket.

It felt a little like 'knitting by faith alone' - because the shape of the piece as it grows makes no sense at all ... until you finish it and join the correct seams together!

However, the pattern isn't too difficult at all. It is one of those, which simply needs to be followed to the letter - without stopping to think how and why!


I am away for a week, and I will take enough yarn for another jacket (or two)


No comments: